Salary: Competitive and dependent on experience.
Hours: Permanent, Monday-Friday, 36.5 hours per week
At HB&O, we’re a team of passionate experts, specialising in supporting businesses and individuals through every stage of their professional and personal life. Our clients come from all different walks of life, operate in all kinds of different sectors and bring different experiences, passions and motivators to their work, but they all have a common goal: to be successful in their own right. We believe that our team should echo this too.
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and highly motivated Client Manager to join our team in our Coventry office. This role would also suit a qualified Senior who is ready to take the next step to Management. It offers a clear pathway for excellent career progression and you would be joining a fantastic team with a range of company benefits.
Responsibility for a mixed portfolio of clients, overseeing all aspects of the client work including:
- Preparing statutory year end works and corporation tax works
- Where applicable overseeing the bookkeeping / processing works for those clients
- Developing client relationships and being the main contact point for your clients
- Liaising with the Payroll Manager to ensure the timely and accurate completion of payroll works for the client where necessary
- Liaising with the Personal Tax Manager to ensure the timely and accurate completion of personal tax works for your client portfolio
- Reviewing accounts files (where appropriate) of Client Services staff
- Dealing with emails and client queries in a timely manner
- Undertaking accounts/corporation tax work on clients where necessary/appropriate, and liaising with the Corporate Tax Manager to ensure timely completion of corporate tax computations and returns
- Holding meetings with clients where necessary, both individually and in conjunction with Directors/Associates/Consultants, as appropriate
- Highlighting opportunities for additional service lines to be provided to the clients in your portfolio
The role will require you to:
- Build relationships with Client Directors/Associates/Consultants
- Be technically proficient in all areas of statutory accounts production
- Ensure the clients in your portfolio are managed in the most efficient way, utilising Client Services staff at the appropriate level
- Set or review and approve job budgets, monitor workflow against budgets, and ensure that all jobs under your control are completed on time and in budget
- Maintain the client relationship, ensuring all internal departmental work for your clients is co-ordinated and overseen
- Utilise tools provided by the firm to ensure client work is carried out efficiently (Xero, Receipt Bank, Outsourcing etc)
- Maintain communication lines with Directors/Associates/Consultants on the jobs falling under your management
- Work with fellow Client Managers to ensure client work is carried out efficiently and in a timely manner
- Provide feedback and training to Client Services staff in a timely manner
- Draft client bills for Directors/Associates/Consultants approval
- Monitor accumulated WIP on your portfolio, and liaise with Directors/Associates/Consultants to ensure bills are raised as and when appropriate
- Monitor outstanding client debtors on your portfolio and liaise with the Directors/Associates/Consultants and/or members of HB&O’s internal finance team to assist in the collection of overdue client debtors
- Provide feedback to Directors and Managers regarding team performance and assist with staff appraisals as required
- Manage and mentor trainee staff members, including having quarterly one to one meetings and setting objectives
- Support in the training of staff as appropriate
- Clear opportunity for career progression
- Flexi-hours – we have core hours from 9:30am to 4:30pm, then work the rest around your schedule
- Hybrid working
- Quarterly appraisals
- Quarterly bonus schemes
- Internal promotion opportunities
- Free car parking
- Employee discount platform
- Regular social events
- Wellbeing strategy and dedicated wellbeing team
- Enhanced employer pension contribution
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Funded CPD courses
Click on the link to apply for this role: Apply now.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We have core hours from 9.30 to 4.30, then work the rest around your schedule.
Internal Promotion Opportunities
Once qualified, we have a graded management system so there is always somewhere to move up internally.
Free Car Parking
No one wants to try and find a parking space before your first morning coffee. We’ve got plenty of parking at both our offices.
Employee Discount Platform
From your supermarket shop to holidays you can save with our exclusive discount programme.
Due to the number of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this vacancy and sending a copy of your CV, you are giving consent to Harrison Beale & Owen Limited to store your details in its database for the purposes of sharing future employment opportunities. We will hold your data over the next six months should your initial application be unsuccessful.
We always treat personal details with the utmost care and in accordance with GDPR. You can withdraw this consent at any time by emailing [email protected].
Want to find out more about us or enquire about working together? We’d love to hear from you. Head over to our enquiry page, fill in the form and we will be in touch!