Salary: Competitive and dependent on experience
Hours: Permanent, Monday to Friday, 36.5 hours per week
At HB&O, we’re a team of passionate experts, specialising in supporting businesses and individuals through every stage of their professional and personal life. Our clients come from all different walks of life, operate in all kinds of different sectors and bring different experiences, passions and motivators to their work, but they all have a common goal: to be successful in their own right. We believe that our team should echo this too.
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and highly motivated Accounts Senior to join our team in our Coventry office.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be one of the main points of contact for clients
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients
- Ensure exceptional client care standards are maintained
Role and Expectations
- Assist/support trainees with their queries and development
- Undertake larger Limited company accounts jobs with minimal support
- Liaise directly with the client for queries relating to jobs
- Have responsibility for VAT returns/management accounts, including contacting the client as
necessary to arrange etc
- Have an awareness of the complete range of services provided by HB&O so you can spot potential opportunities when talking to clients
- Xero accreditation, plus gain experience of the software to enable you to assist clients and advise them on systems
- Build relationships with clients and become a trusted advisor so clients can contact you with
- Consider personal tax planning when preparing company accounts
- Review VAT returns and bookkeeping prepared by more junior members of the team
- Have a real awareness of the time spent on jobs and the importance of achieving budgeted hours
- You will have worked within an accountancy firm during your training and be passionate about using your skills to support clients
- You will preferably have experience of preparing Limited company accounts with turnovers in excess of £1m
Experience in the following:
– SRA Accounts Rules
– FCA clients with CASS reporting
- Clear opportunity for career progression
- Flexi-hours – we have core hours from 9:30am to 4:30pm, then work the rest around your schedule
- Hybrid working
- Quarterly appraisals
- Quarterly bonus schemes
- Internal promotion opportunities
- Free car parking
- Employee discount platform
- Regular social events
- Wellbeing strategy and dedicated wellbeing team
- Enhanced employer pension contribution
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Funded CPD courses
Click on the link to apply for this role: Apply now.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We have core hours from 9.30 to 4.30, then work the rest around your schedule.
Internal Promotion Opportunities
Once qualified, we have a graded management system so there is always somewhere to move up internally.
Free Car Parking
No one wants to try and find a parking space before your first morning coffee. We’ve got plenty of parking at both our offices.
Employee Discount Platform
From your supermarket shop to holidays you can save with our exclusive discount programme.
Due to the number of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this vacancy and sending a copy of your CV, you are giving consent to Harrison Beale & Owen Limited to store your details in its database for the purposes of sharing future employment opportunities. We will hold your data over the next six months should your initial application be unsuccessful.
We always treat personal details with the utmost care and in accordance with GDPR. You can withdraw this consent at any time by emailing [email protected].
Want to find out more about us or enquire about working together? We’d love to hear from you. Head over to our enquiry page, fill in the form and we will be in touch!